It’s Father’s Day! So, I want to first take a minute to give a big “Thank You!” to all the Dad’s out there. You are the best!
We love getting together with our families during Father’s Day and if your families are anything like ours, Dad is always in front of the BBQ cooking up some mouth-watering treats. We all love getting in the backyard to soak up the fantastic June sunshine and what better way to cool off than with some juicy watermelon?!
In my family, we often have potluck style get-togethers and we all love to cook (so our gatherings never disappoint). But with all that competition to see who can bring the best dish, this dish is sure to be the favorite! And it’s super simple.
Tequila Soaked Watermelon Wedges
- 1 small seedless watermelon, quartered and cut into 1” thick wedges
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 2 limes, halved or cut into wedges
- flaked sea salt or coarse salt
- Cut watermelon and arrange into a single layer in two 9-by-13 inch baking dishes.
- Bring water, sugar, tequila and triple sec to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook until the sugar dissolves, stirring frequently (about 1 minute). Let the mixture cool slightly and pour syrup over the watermelon wedges.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes (the longer you let it soak, the more flavorful it becomes).
- Remove watermelon from syrup and arrange on a platter. Squezze limes over melon and season with salt.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lindsay Vacek has a passion for style, details and design. As a Fashion Editorial Photographer, she's worked in the Entertainment Industry for over 10 years and has a love for adventure and travel. She spends her spare time globe-trotting her way through foreign countries and loves new cultures, food, music and the arts.