Ah, summer is here and it is my favorite time to take a break from my usual heavier make-up and bring on the sun-kissed glow (in a healthy SPF type of way, of course)! This tutorial will teach you how to have the perfect bronzed look to carry you through your summer days.
Lightweight Foundation: I used Mac’s Face and Body Foundation. It’s a sheer buildable product that blends easily and evenly. As a water based foundation, it is lightweight and leaves your skin with a supple glowing finish!
Foundation Brush: I am a fan of Shiseido Makeup Perfect Foundation Brush. The versatility in this brush can be used to apply any type of foundation.
Your Favorite Bronzer: I constantly play with bronzers. Today I used Toofaced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer. The duo of colors allows me to play with dimension and highlighting.
Bronzer Brush: Try this Bobby Brown Bronzer Brush
Eye Shadow: Choose a light golden brown. Urban Decay’s ‘Smog’ in the original Naked Palette is a great option.
Eye Shadow Brush: You will need a brush that can hold pigment but also dust color lightly and evenly. Mac’s 224 brush is by far my favorite choice!
Your Best Mascara: I am hot to trot on Mally Volumizing Mascara right now!
Lipgloss: A light pink flat lip gloss adds the perfect finishing touch. I used Stila Lip Glaze in Grapefruit.
1. Start with a fresh face. Applying an SPF moisturizer after your daily skin routine is the perfect start.
2. Using the foundation brush apply and blend your lightweight foundation starting from the center of your cheek blending in circular motions outward.
3. Using the Mac 224 brush, sweep the golden brown shadow over your lid and crease.
4. Apply a couple of coats of mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
5. Brush your chosen lip gloss onto your lips.
6. Using a bronzer brush, apply bronzer to you’re the apples of your cheek.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Eleni Hopkins grew up in a home where art and fashion were always the forefront of conversation. A Native to San Francisco, her passion for style, color and texture have made her fearless to take risks in order to stay on the cutting edge of fashion and beauty trends. It was her craft with palettes of color and make-up brushes that prompted her move to Los Angeles and her love for clothing, designers and street trends that have kept her here. With a creative but critical eye, Eleni is excited to share her love for dress up and show readers how to spice up their wardrobe and enjoy their time in front of the mirror.