The Snack Monster strikes again! It always happens right after I eat dinner. I'm at home, indulging in some trashy TV (a la T.G.I.T) and the sweet tooth gremlin starts knocking at my door.
"What do you what?" I say, annoyed as I open the door.
"I'm hungry." the pesky Snack Monster replies. I raise an eyebrow to him. What makes him think that I want to be interrupted from my Thursday night TV line-up? "I know you don't like me, but I have the perfect and EASY snack you can make me!" I'm intrigued.
I slowly peel myself off the couch and head to the kitchen. The snack monster following behind me, whispering in my ear to open the cabinet and grab just 3 items from the cupboard. "Only three items?" I think.
He was right. I had to share with you all. Maybe I won't be so bitter the next time the Snack Monster knocks on my door.. especially if he brings me ideas like these.
Makes 12 mini peanut butter cups, 80 calories each.
What you'll need:
- 4 tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 4 tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 5 oz Enjoy Life, Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip
- For a protein boost, add 2-3 tbsp of Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate (optional)
- Place PB2 into a bowl and mix with 8 tbsp water to make a nice, creamy peanut butter.
- Mix in coconut shreds and put aside.
- Create a double boiler on your stove top and melt down the chocolate chips (be sure not to allow any water to mix with the chocolate or your chocolate will curdle)
- In a 12-Cup Mini Muffin Pan, spoon some of the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the tins. Top with the chocolate.
- Place into freezer for 1-2 hour. Use a knife to pop out of the muffin tin once frozen. Freeze to store and will best if eaten within 1 week (I find that if you let them defrost for 5 minutes, before eating, they are perfect!)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lindsay Vacek has a passion for style, details and design. As a Fashion Editorial Photographer, she's worked in the Entertainment Industry for over 10 years and has a love for adventure and travel. She spends her spare time globe-trotting her way through foreign countries and loves new cultures, food, music and the arts.