This month we’ve teamed up with chef, author and top ten Paleo food Blogger, Arsy Vartanian, founder of Rubies and Radishes.
I am pleased to announce our cookbook giveaway winner Sunshyne Brightly! Congratulations to you, I hope you have fun with my recipes!
To keep you enticed about introducing Paleo into your life, I’ve created these gluten-free, pumpkin muffins that burst with Fall flavors. They are loaded with healthy fats, fiber and protein that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Grab them for a light breakfast, an afternoon snack or top them with coconut whipped cream for dessert.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
12 cup muffin pan
12 unbleached large baking cups
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or palm shortening (for a dairy free option)
5 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon all spice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place liners in the muffin pan and set aside
- In a bowl, combine, pumpkin, butter, eggs, vanilla and honey. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Sift together coconut flour, salt and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the wet ingredients.
- Add baking soda, stir until baking soda is mixed through.
- Fill baking cups ¾ full with your batter.
- Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle it on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes by either removing them from the pan and setting them on a cooling rack or leaving them in the pan and tipping them on their sides.