The presence of October is California’s mark for the Fall season. We are automatically programmed to change out our clothing; not only to wear Fall’s coolest trends but also prepare for the cooler months. Just like our seasonal wardrobe overhaul, we should give our beauty routine a revamp. A few quick updates and product swaps will help your skin, make-up and hair shine even in the crisper days to come. Check out our beauty picks that are worth you shaking up your beauty routine for.
1. Face Mask: Ultimate hydration is key for fall. The drop in temperatures will leave your skin feeling dry. Facemasks are a nightly must to keep you skin’s appearance radiant, soft and plump. Try Dolce & Gabbana Aurealux Mask for ultimate hydration.
2. Face Moisturizer: Daily moisturizer is a must (really, for any season). For Fall we must achieve the highest level of hydration without hindering our make-up application. A moisturizer with ingredients such hyaluronic acid and rose water will transform your dry tired skin in a second! Try Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream to help your skin’s surface retain moisture.
3. Lip Salve: A tin or tub of your favorite moisturizing lip salve is a must. Easy to take on the go, use this product at any onset of dryness. Try cult favorite C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve which offers more moisture that the average lip balm.
4. Foundation: Your complexion coverage needs change from Summer to Fall. Now that the sun has made you skin a little darker and the crisp air has made it more dry and dull you will need to choose a product that offers more coverage and protection. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is a great option for silky, buildable coverage that won’t leave you feeling like your make-up is caked on.
5. Brown Lipstick: Use the Fall to be fearless and go for a new lipstick shade. Brown colored lipstick is a great option for any skin tone and was a season hit on the runways. Try Tom Ford Lip Color in Negligee.
6. Navy Eyeliner: Navy eyeliner is the new Black this Fall. Dark enough to provide ample definition but light enough to compliment every skin tone. Navy is the way to go this season! Navy will give your eyes dimension helping them to look brighter! We suggest NYX Cosmetics Slim Eye Pencil in Sapphire.
7. Deep Conditioner: Hair strands will lose the most moisture during the Fall season. With the added heat from our styling tools and the crisper weather a hair conditioning treatment is a weekly must. Sachajuan’s Hair Repair is the product to buy.
8. Protecting Serum: Daily styling with heat tools makes prepping and protecting your strands from heat tools is a must. No one wants to sizzle their strands. By adding L’Oreal Professional Mythic Oil Seve Protectrice will prep, prime and protect your hair all in one product!