The four talented women (Anna, Alli, Jessie and Kallie) behind the handcrafted jewelry company, 31 Bits, have teamed up with us to be our October Guest Editors. Their company provides jobs to women in Uganda to encourage them to "rise above poverty" and at the same time, allow YOU to make a direct impact on the women's lives in Uganda (because they are entirely funded by the product sales!)
This week we got to talk with Alli (a walking Yelp) who is always in-the-know of new restaurants. She's 31 Bits' go-to person when they are looking for the best places to get food and drinks (in just about any city you can think of). She's sharing with us what her typical Friday looks like, in addition to some of her favorite spots in Southern California.
- 6am :: wake up + head to the gym!
- 7:30am :: have my morning coffee, read, and check emails
- 8:30am :: head out the door, and make a quick stop at Nekter for a green juice or smoothie.
- 9am :: in the office. Mornings are typically spent catching up with the girls about what they did that night, current events, and recipe-swapping. ;) THEN it's work time! Typically, first, I answer emails and post on 31 Bits social media accounts.
- 10am :: Marketing interns show up, and I'm training + assigning tasks for them.
- 12pm :: Lunch time! Favorite place to grab a quick, healthy bite is Bear Flag. The best fish tacos on the west coast!!
- 2pm :: Brainstorm meeting with Jessie and the interns about upcoming events and campaigns.
- 3:30pm :: Our Finance Director, Rob, comes into the office with hot-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies! We are ALL obsessed with his cookies... it's our end of the week treat!
- 5:00pm :: Wrap things up in the office. Make sure I have our media calendar set for the weekend, answer last minute emails, and send the interns home!
- 5:30pm :: Evening bike ride with my hubbie. Our favorite after-work tradition! We get some exercise, share about our day, and try to catch the sunset!
- 7:30pm :: Date night at one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants, Eat Chow. I always order the same thing - the vegetarian tostada! Bobby loves the Chow BBQ burger. And the truffle parmesan fries. (We both really love food!!)
- 10:00pm :: Meet up with friends for drinks and dancing at a local underground bar, La Cave for 90's night - thanks to cover band Sega Genecide!
Photography by Lindsay Vacek for Established California.