Maybe you had a bad day or you’ve been eating healthy all week and just can’t curb that sweet tooth that has been pestering the last couple hours. I’m a big advocate for finding alternative ways to still curb those cravings while not breaking your calorie bank account. So I am here to tell you that “Yes! You really can have your cake and eat it too!”
This 5-minute Chocolate Cake recipe is paleo-friendly, gluten-free and vegan. It’s loaded with ingredients that are natural and easy for your body to process so you don’t have to feel guilty about it. It’s super fast and single-serving in a mug so your cook time is fast and clean-up is easy! However, it’s a lot of chocolate goodness, so why not share with a friend? The more the merrier, right?
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- ¼ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tsp dark chocolate chips (sub. carob chips for Vegan)
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small glass container, warm the coconut milk and coconut oil just until it is melted.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, salt and mix with a whisk until smooth. Then add in Almond flour and coconut flour last (coconut flour is a very absorbant flour so it’s important it is added last). Mix until you have a smooth, even consistency. If it’s too thick, add a tbsp of coconut milk at a time until your batter is smooth.
- Coat the inside of a glass or ceramic mug with a little bit of coconut oil. Then spoon in your cake mixture. Top with the chocolate chips and heat in the microwave until the middle bounches back when pressed (about 2 minutes). Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lindsay Vacek has a passion for style, details and design. As a Fashion Editorial Photographer, she's worked in the Entertainment Industry for over 10 years and has a love for adventure and travel. She spends her spare time globe-trotting her way through foreign countries and loves new cultures, food, music and the arts.
Being a California Native, Lindsay loves meeting new people and sharing her version of life with others. With an infinite list of things-to-do, places-to-go and sights-to-see - she believe everyone can have a little more California in their own lives.